XBuro engineers gain WiredScore and SmartScore certification
The team has recently expanded its offering with new WiredScore and SmartScore certification.
WiredScore certification empowers landlords to understand, improve, benchmark and promote their building’s digital infrastructure. Whereas SmartScore gives guidance around what smart means to commercial buildings, and how it can be implemented.
- WiredScore certification is the global digital connectivity rating scheme, working with landlords to assess, improve, benchmark and promote their buildings.
- SmartScore certification defines what smart buildings are, and how to build them, allowing landlords to understand, improve and communicate the user functionality and technological foundations of their buildings.
This certification provides credibility and certainty to businesses rapidly pursuing digital transformation. It allows businesses to future proof their offering and is of interest to tenants, developers and landlords.
We know that digital connectivity is vital to the way in which we live and work, and making buildings smarter and people better connected which is vital for people, for businesses, and livelihoods.
We are all reliant on fast and reliable connectivity. Having WiredScore and SmartScore certification will add value to your property, keeping you connected, and bringing added value to current and future tenants and residents. The design of buildings should ensure that there are options to residents/tenants to ensure consistency of connectivity which this certification brings.
Should you need to make design changes to achieve your target score or improve your connectivity, our accredited engineers are able to provide an indicative assessment of what certification level your building might achieve using their understanding of the certification’s minimum requirements and certification levels.
Get in touch with XBuro UK today to find out how we can help you achieve this by contacting:
Associate Engineer Ian Menzies is our SmartScore accredited engineer – Contact: email@example.com
Director Michael Gribben is our WiredScore accredited engineer – Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration