Summer intern joins XBuro
We are delighted to welcome Aedan over the summer to the XBuro team.
Aedan is joining us for work experience to see what the world of engineering is like, what happens at HQ, and to get some hands-on experience.
During the summer holidays, Aedan will become part of our team and work alongside our highly-skilled engineers, accompany colleagues on site visits, and get a better understanding of what we do, how we do it, and enjoy office life.
Still at school, Aedan is keen to learn about engineering as he is still deciding on what direction he wants to take in his career. He said: “The office is different from school in so many ways, there’s definitely less breaks, but I like being in town and the buzz of the city centre. I’ve been checking calculations and seeing how maths plays its part in engineering and the work they do. I’m not sure what I want to do when I leave school, so getting the experience of being in a working environment is good. Football is still my first love and then maybe engineering.”
Aedan approached XBuro for work experience, which is offered all year round, and we were more than delighted to facilitate this opportunity for him.
XBuro has experienced a surge in growth in recent years and, with this, our teams are expanding with operations now in Glasgow, Edinburgh and London to deliver projects worth more than £350 million in just two years.
Contact us if you are interested in working with XBuro and our brilliant team.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration