Teeing up with Scottish Amateur Golfer!
Delighted to announce that we are supporting aspiring amateur golfer, Megan Docherty, in a new three-year sponsorship deal.
Megan is the first sponsorship for XBuro UK in what we hope will be the first of many partnerships with talented sportspeople as we look to invest in up-and-coming sporting talent.
XBuro has experienced rapid growth in recent years with a number of new client wins, tripling our growth to delivering projects worth £350million and expanding from Glasgow to offices now in Edinburgh and London.
Our team too has grown to 15 with new posts being advertised to meet demand.
Such is our success that we already support a number of local clubs and we wanted to give talented amateur sportspeople the opportunity for sponsorship. Coupled with our love of golf, we reached out and were delighted to meet and offer a three-year sponsorship deal to Megan.
The 19-year-old amateur golfer, from Bishopbriggs, impressed with her drive, determination, and her resilience to practise throughout the pandemic.
XBuro UK Director, Michael Gribben, said: “Our continued growth has given us the opportunity to support local sport clubs but we wanted to go further to help young athletes like Megan to fulfil their ambitions and to help them on their journey. Business and the power of sport is something we want to invest in, and this is just the start of our plans. We are particularly delighted to tee up with Megan as we believe in equality of opportunity for all in the world of engineering and in the world of sport.”
Amateur golfer, Megan Docherty, added: “I started playing at seven and began competing at 14. When the pandemic happened, we got an old net and put it on the washing line so I could hit into it. It was a bit frustrating as we live next to a golf course but since then, I’ve received a scholarship to study and play in America and now to be supported by XBuro means I will be able to travel, compete and focus on playing. To receive this backing, let’s me get on with playing as much golf as I can in the hope that one day, I can turn pro.”
XBuro is currently delivering substantial projects for North Lanarkshire Council, NHS Highland, NHS Lothian, NHS Golden Jubilee, and East Renfrewshire Council, and working alongside the Ambassador Group on master planning Ocean Terminal in Edinburgh. During the pandemic, XBuro delivered the Covid-19 test facility at Gartnavel Hospital by NHS Glasgow.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration