XBuro join as Living Wage Employers
XBuro is proud to announce we are now Living Wage Accredited Employers.
This means we support the ethos that “A hard day’s work deserves a fair day’s pay.” Our accreditation as a living wage employer further aligns with our values and our vision at XBuro as responsible employers committed to creating a culture driven by our passion, our creativity and our honesty.
As we expand and grow in our fourth year of business, we know that at the heart of our company is our people. Everyone in our company has and will always be paid the living wage at a minimum and we are delighted to sign up officially to Living Wage Scotland.
Co-founders Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben, said:
“XBuro is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer. As a company, we are fully committed to fair and equitable working practices including paying all staff more than the living wage, offering flexibility to our people, and creating a thriving and collaborative place to work. Pledging our support to the Living Wage is an important milestone for all employers and we are delighted to join more than 2,700 like-minded employers in Scotland in our commitment to pay a fair day’s wage for a hard day’s work.”
XBuro is a UK-wide Mechanical and Electrical Engineering company with offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh and London. Founded by Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben in 2018, XBuro employs more than 15 staff across its operations and works across a range of sectors including healthcare, defence, education, commercial, industrial and residential. The company is predicting a further growth in 2022 having expanded its services to the East Coast in 2020.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration