XBuro sponsored amateur golfer takes on Europe
Congratulations to our talented golfer Megan Docherty on being successfully chosen as part of a Scottish Golf select team to play at the Dutch OK Junior Open.
Starting today, Megan will be joining an international field of players from countries around the Europe including Holland, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Italy and Denmark while flying the flag for Scotland and now XBuro.
When we announced last month our decision to sponsor Megan due to our substantial growth, we said we wanted to help young athletes like Megan to fulfil their ambitions and to support them on their journey and we are delighted for Megan to have been chosen to play.
The OK Junior Open is the top amateur golf tournament for the U21 future stars of golf.
Megan will be playing from 13th to 16th of July at Toxandria, the oldest golf course of Noord-Brabant and ranked among the top 10 best courses of the Netherlands.
Business and the power of sport is something we wanted to invest in and teeing up with Megan has shown us how we can be supportive, what we can learn from elite sports as a business, and how we can work to further equality for all in the world of engineering and in the world of sport.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration