Winning on and off the field!
February started with a flurry of activity on and off the field.
Witnessing Scotland retain the Calcutta Cup as they were victorious at Rugby HQ against England in the opening of the Six Nations, together with our clients, not only was it a monstrous win for Scotland but it also put a spring in our step for a busy period ahead.
This could only prepare us to tackle some pitches of our own as we continue to expand the xburo offering and our expertise in mechanical and electrical engineering far and wide. Continuing this winning streak, xburo delivered in-house seminars for clients including Babcock and the Ministry of Defence on the Route to NetZero and Sustainability. Our lunch and learn sessions are an opportunity for Directors Michael Gribben and Tom Brady to speak to our clients and to guide them through these important and evolving times, helping them to achieve their targets.
The past week finished with some starring roles for Thomas Brady and Michael A Gribben with new video content coming soon as both the directors were put in front of the camera for some Q&As! xburo is entering another phase of its journey as it embarks on the next five years. With a recruitment and marketing drive, our message is that there is no better time to be working in the building services industry. For mechanical and electrical engineers at the start of their careers or for those who are experienced, there is a surge in demand and a need for expertise; expertise which is the foundation here at xburo. The start of 2023 has shown us so far that work isn’t slowing down, if anything, we are busier than ever and winning off the field, feels nearly as good as on!
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration