xburo tee up amateur golfer as it expands sports sponsorship opportunities
A school pupil from Greenock has lined up a sports sponsorship with a leading mechanical and electrical engineering consultancy to follow her ambition to pursue golf professionally.
Jayla Kepler, a pupil at Clydeview Academy, is teeing up with xburo on a three-year sponsorship deal. The young amateur golfer will be supported by the company to assist with lessons, equipment and travel to competitions, enabling her to focus on her game.
xburo Director, Michael Gribben, said: “xburo is pleased to offer Jayla a sports sponsorship and further strengthen its links to up-and-coming Scottish golfers. Our intention is that by supporting Jayla’s ambitions, she can focus on her game and the strengths she has in competitive golf to achieve her full potential.
He added: “Having met with Jayla, it is obvious she has a winning mentality which coincides with xburo’s drive for success. With competition in women’s golf strengthening year-upon-year and more female professional golfers coming through, we want to support them in their aspirations. We will continue to work hard to do our part to assist talented golfers like Jayla on their journey. Jayla’s studies will always come first, xburo will be there for the golf!”
The 13-year-old amateur golfer took up the sport just two years ago during lockdown and quickly got a bug for it. She started playing and in two short years she has achieved a handicap of 11, was the winner of the West of Scotland Bronze Championships and is the first female to reach the junior and ladies tournament in the history of Greenock Golf Club.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration