Sponsored Female Amateur Golfer lifts Bronze Place at National Tournament
Our sponsored amateur golfer, Megan Docherty, recently competed at the Scottish Women’s Amateur Championship held at Ladybank. After what Megan described as a ‘disappointing first round’, Megan powered back with a fabulous 73 over on a very tricky golf course to secure a final match play slot.
The Scottish Women’s Amateur Championships was open to female Scottish golfers and consisted of 36 holes of stroke play qualifying, with the leading players progressing into two flights of match play.
Playing against the No1 seed and reigning Welsh And Irish Open champion and tournament favourite, Lorna McClymont, Megan played fantastic golf to secure a 2&1 victory. In the Quarter final, after a slow start, Megan came from 3 down to secure a 3&2 victory over Scottish Internationalist Penny Brown. Unfortunately, Megan couldn’t continue her run as she lost to the eventual winner, Carmen Griffiths, in the semi final.
Although disappointed at not winning the tournament, Megan was well satisfied with her bronze medallist position. After the round she took time to praise the support of xburo.
“The team at xburo is just fantastic and are really supportive. The company has funded a fantastic coaching programme designed by of one of the country’s top swing coaches, George Boswell of Mearns Castle Golf Club. This is taking my game to a higher level. It’s also fantastic that xburo also supports me to travel to competitions. Hopefully I can repay them with a win in the future.“
We are already so proud of your achievements as you fly the flag for xburo and women’s golf.
Josh joins Aedan Gilfedder who returned for the second year in a row to xburo to experience an engineering environment. Aedan spent the summer working with xburo in 2022 and wanted to continue his work experience as he has an interest the world of engineering and obtaining hands on experience. Aedan has expressed an interest in mechanical engineering since working here, particularly in regard to drawings and detailed design, which he has been to witness first hand.
Aedan said: “Coming back a year later to xburo has been a great opportunity to build on what I learned last year. I am still interested in a career in the industry particularly in the built environment and putting into practice what I’ve learned in school. I’m coming to the point now where I need to make decisions about what subjects to choose and what career I want and being able to experience working in an office and talking to the team about what they did to get to where they are, is helping me to decide what I want to do after school.”
xburo’s apprenticeship programme will open again in Summer 2024 to find the next apprentice.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration