xburo celebrates International Women in Engineering Day
Our Director Sarah Peterson will be marking International Women in Engineering Day by leading a discussion with CIBSE Scotland.
As the Chair of ACE Scotland, Sarah’s talk will lead on notable women engineers from history at the Dovecot Studios in Edinburgh.
Sarah heads up our Edinburgh Office, driving energy and sustainability services across our Scottish and UK operations and is leading clients as they navigate the route to NetZero.
She said: “I’m looking forward to sharing my journey in engineering and where I see the future with the race to net zero and sustainability at the forefront of what we are doing here at xburo. The event is taking place on International Women in Engineering Day to mark the important role we all play to get more girls and women into engineering and the benefits this can have to all our clients.“
All are invited to the event to come together to celebrate International Women in Engineering Day.
Get your tickets here 👉 https://lnkd.in/dHpYR88r
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration