xburo commit to ‘Pledge to Net Zero’
As the Scottish Government’s Climate Week gets underway and as part of our long-standing commitment to Net Zero, xburo has joined organisations from across the environmental profession in making the Pledge to Net Zero. ‘Pledge to Net Zero’ is the environmental industry’s global commitment, requiring science-based targets from its signatories to tackle greenhouse gas emissions within their organisations.
By signing up to the pledge, we are continuing to showcase our leadership in supporting the transition to a Net Zero carbon economy. The race to achieve these targets within the built environment will need to see significant changes to our new and existing building stock and how these are managed and operated. Around 40% of the UK’s total energy usage is attributed to heating and powering our buildings, forming a key part in the net zero journey.
Using dynamic simulation software, xburo can create digital twin models and calibrate with measured utility consumption data to initially understand current energy demands and to allow us to test and appraise solutions to reduce energy and set a path to net zero.
xburo can assist is setting an energy strategy for your project from the outset by carrying out full route to compliance reviews and options appraisals to assist in planning and building warrant submissions.
We include for the impact of future energy and regulations trends as well as the provision of operational energy benchmarking. Our design strategies incorporate sustainable, low energy and low carbon principles and we bring extensive experience to allow us to deliver net zero buildings and masterplans.
Sustainability and the drive to net zero are led by Director Sarah Peterson and are embedded in the approach of all our engineering experts throughout xburo as we help clients to navigate in the race to achieving net zero.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration