Contemporary home near Gogar Castle moves to next stage
In The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
xburo provided its expert services:
🟢 Energy and sustainability services to set the low energy, low carbon solution for the project that will feature ground source heat pumps, PV and integrated battery and thermal storage to deliver a low energy dwelling fit for the future and the move to Net Zero.
🟢 As part of the definition of the strategy the team carried our detailed dynamic simulation modelling to design out overheating risk while working within a highly performing thermal envelope.
The MEP team will also deliver the detailed design input as we move into the construction stage of the project.
The project is currently at technical design stages, with an anticipated start on site in the spring of 2024. The consultancy team includes architects from Block Nine Architects, structural engineering Calum Benett Engineering Ltd., planning consultant JLL and xburo.
We will keep you posted on progress.
If you want to commission our services in Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEPH) and Energy and Sustainability, please contact one of the team or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration