New Appointments for xburo
Three new appointments take their posts as strategic growth and delivery continue for the mechanical, electrical and engineering company, xburo.
Following on from the announcement of our appointment of energy and sustainability expert, Sarah Peterson, to head up our Edinburgh office, we are delighted to have made a number of other appointments across the business. The new recruits include Energy and Sustainability Engineer, Anna Brown, who joins us from Harley Haddow. She joins Mechanical Design Engineers, Liam McAdie from CBRE, and Jack Hannigan, from EDP Consulting Engineers.
The company has been strategically and gradually expanding with a number of new clients added to the portfolio as well as the retention of contracts from existing clients. This is part of xburo’s strategic growth plans following a demand in its mechanical and electrical engineering services which saw the company triple its growth to deliver projects worth more than £350million in the past two years with strong predications expected.
Anna Brown is a graduate of Heriot-Watt University who will work under the leadership of Sarah Peterson, specialising in helping xburo clients as they navigate their route to netzero and sustainability.
Jack, a graduate from Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU), holds a distinction in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering, and Liam McAdie, former mechanical engineer with CBRE and Troup Bywaters & Anders, both will further bolster the number of engineers at xburo.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration