Senior Mechanical Engineer Alistair Walker joins xburo following our recent appointment of Kieran McFadden. We are delighted Alistair has joined our growing team, welcoming him with our obligatory photoshoot at our city centre office in Glasgow.
Alistair is part of our recent recruitment drive to grow the team as part of xburo’s expansion. Experienced in the design of large scale, multi-disciplinary projects, Alistair has previously worked alongside Director Tom Brady and Kieran in previous roles and strengthens xburo’s offering to our clients. His experience spans the whole project lifecycle including feasibility, preliminary design, detailed design and construction. He joins us from engineering firm, Atkins, and is a graduate of Glasgow Caledonian University.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, Alistair will work on a number of our new healthcare and educational projects as he has significant experience in refurbishments and new builds including time spent previously working as Mechanical lead on the University of Edinburgh’s refurbishment of the Edinburgh College of Art campus and the new Edinburgh Futures Institute, as well as refurbishment works across all of the New College Lanarkshire’s campuses.
For xburo, Alistair is straight into working on technical reviews and on large scale projects such as Ocean Terminal as well as a recent industrial extension project in Cumbernauld.
He is an asset to our team and our clients as we seek to bring talented professionals to deliver a number of new business wins for xburo.
Welcome to our growing team Alistair!
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration