Xburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE)
xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE).
Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which was attended by hundreds of guests from the world of engineering and the built environment.
The ACE Awards celebrates the outstanding achievements within the industry, championing the best in the business, projects that excel and recognises companies from the world of engineering consultancy and the built environment.
xburo was shortlisted within the Best UK Consultancy (small) alongside nominees including: Aegaea Limited; M-EC Development Technical Consultants; and Rybka.
xburo’s Director Sarah Peterson, said: “To win the Best Small UK Consultancy at The Association of Consultancy and Engineering Awards (ACE) is a phenomenal achievement for xburo and the team. It is an honour to be recognised alongside our peers, by ACE, a leading industry body, and among leading companies. This award recognises the achievements of teams of engineers and energy experts as we continue to scale in growth and our in expert delivery as we help clients to achieve their ambitions, particularly as they navigate the route to net zero.”
Xburo Director, Thomas Brady, added: “Winner of the Best UK Consultancy is an outstanding accolade to be given by an industry body that recognises best practice. To be named amongst leading companies, our peers and innovators driving engineering and sustainability is testimony to the work that xburo delivers for its clients by our teams of experts. Congratulations to the team as we continue to do what we do best; bringing expertise, excellence and experience to those we work for and with.”
xburo, led by Michael A Gribben and Thomas Brady, grew the business in 2023 to deliver £500+million in transactional and construction value – scaling up with offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London. A number of strategic appointments including the addition of Director Sarah Peterson, who heads up the sustainability-arm to drive energy and sustainability, has been a key addition to help clients on the journey to net zero as well as a number of other recruits to bolster operations.
xburo has also been nominated for the Best UK Consultancy of the year at the CIBSE Building Performance Awards next month.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration