Duo golfers supported in their ambitions
We are delighted to see our sponsored golfers Megan Docherty and Jayla Kepler continue to go from strength-to-strength in their development.
In the first of many sports partnerships, Megan and Jayla are supported by xburo to pursue their goals.
Megan Docherty, from Bishopbriggs, moved to the United States to purse her dream of making it as a professional. Megan recently relocated to the new school, Rollins College in Florida and she has been quick to settle in and get back into the swing of things.
In her first tournament for the School, Megan led her team to an overall third place with Megan finishing fifth in the individual competition.
This week, she has been competing at the Edisto Invitational in South Carolina. Megan shot a fabulous 69 in Round 2 to help Rollins secure fourth place, narrowly missing third.
Our engineering work transforms the built environment and goes beyond the 9-5, and by supporting Megan and Jayla, we are making a positive impact on individuals and their ambitions.
By sponsoring Megan, we have been able to help support funding coaching programmes for her which is paying in dividends in her performance.
Speaking to Megan, she said: “I’m now focusing on consistency over all rounds and seeking first team and individual wins with Rollins.”
Swinging into action last week was our other sponsored amateur golfer, Jayla Kepler. School pupil Jayla has been competing in a number of tournaments throughout the session.
She said: “I have had outstanding support this session, allowing me to play and gain experience in various competitions including paying at the recent Scottish Junior Tour Order of Merit finals at Golf Santander in Madrid.”
xburo’s sponsorship investment is part of our drive and commitment as a company to invest in up-and-coming sporting talent. We see the world of sport and the world of engineering as a good collaboration, where we can give sportspeople the opportunity to pursue excellence.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration