How It All Began
Xburo UK was established in November 2018 with a strong focus on delivering commercially focussed and experienced Mechanical, Electrical & Public Health Engineering(MEPH) advice and solutions.
Established by Thomas Brady & Michael Gribben, who are both Chartered Engineers & CIBSE Corporate Members.
Thomas & Michael originally met while working on significant healthcare projects for a national engineering consultancy in 2000.
Since then, both Thomas & Michael have gone on to deliver significant healthcare, commercial office, education, logistics and transport portfolios of projects.
Uniquely however, Xburo have significant commercial experience in the delivery of detailed design, technical due diligence(TDD) for sale and acquisition, development monitoring planned and preventative maintenance (PPM), dilapidations and landlord approval representation.
The combination of these experiences ensure Xburo are amongst the most commercially aware and technically robust consultancies in the United Kingdom.
Both Thomas & Michael have seen the quality of MEPH deliverables deteriorate in recent years as the demand for contractor design portions increase. They have established Xburo UK to offer solid and commercially sound solutions that can be constructed, with a key focus on testing and commissioning to ensure the quality of each commission is never compromised.
- Directors speak to GCU and university studentsThomas Brady and Michael Gribben speak to Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) as former students about lessons learned and their recent success Alumnus of Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) Thomas Brady and Michael Gribben spoke to the university and its students about xburo and their early careers. The pair shared some insights into what it meant to… Continue reading Directors speak to GCU and university students
- Designs progress near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar CastleIn The News: Architects, Block Nine Architects, are to progress its technical designs for a new high-end contemporary two-storey dwelling near Edinburgh’s A-listed historic Gogar Castle.
- Scottish Building Standards to come into forceProposed changes to Building Standards: xburo briefing available The Scottish Government has published proposed changes to the Scottish Building Standards that will come into force on the 1st of April 2024. With heating and powering buildings currently accounting for 40% of the UK’s total energy usage – a figure that must be significantly reduced to… Continue reading Scottish Building Standards to come into force
- We are the Best Small UK ConsultancyXburo is named Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) xburo has won the Best Small UK Consultancy at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE). Winner of the Best UK Consultancy, xburo received the coveted accolade at an award ceremony held at the Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge Hotel which… Continue reading We are the Best Small UK Consultancy
- Ocean Terminal regenerationApproval for Ocean Terminal regeneration project unanimous 2024 is off to a flying start with the approval of the regeneration of Ocean Terminal. This week, Edinburgh City Council gave unanimous approval of this major redevelopment of Ocean Terminal at Leith Waterfront. Plans are to develop a sustainable new neighbourhood on Leith’s waterfront with the provision of… Continue reading Ocean Terminal regeneration